The Plymouth State University AAUP is pleased to announce a new award for deserving faculty: the PSU AAUP Faculty Leadership Award. Nominations for this award may be made at any time by any PSU AAUP member. This award may be conferred on the occasion of successful member nomination and majority vote of the PSU-AAUP Executive Committee. This is not an annual award, but rather one that can be conferred when the EC feels there is a deserving recipient.
Nominations may be made by contacting any current EC member.
Faculty are eligible for this award when they meet the following criteria:
- Nominee has been an active member of AAUP in good standing for at least three years
- Nominee has assumed and demonstrated leadership in a variety of faculty endeavors to include AAUP activities
- Nominee has made concrete contributions to important aspects of faculty work such as academic freedom, shared governance, faculty welfare, organizing, membership, and/or community service
- Nominee demonstrates sustained contributions over the length of a career at PSU, though this career need not represent a set duration or “lifetime” necessarily
- Nominee will accept the award
This award includes a framed certificate and a cash award of $500 made in the name of the recipient to a campus activity of the recipient’s choice.